Author Topic: Thank You - Curtis "Buddy" Baker - 28 February 2020  (Read 1664 times)

Kyle Millager

• Administrator
Thank You - Curtis "Buddy" Baker - 28 February 2020
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »
It was great to meet you both in Glendora, CA on Friday as we honored Buddy Baker at his funeral and committal services.  Please extend my personal thanks to all of the So. CA Patriot Guard Riders who participated in the flag lines and the procession to the cemetery.  You all did a great job of getting us through the traffic on the CA freeways!  The Baker family was truly blessed by your presence.  The dog tags were worn proudly by the members of Buddy's family throughout the weekend.  Your professional handling of things, your willingness to offer assistance with lodging, the dog tags given to each of my platoon members...it was all in keeping with the best traditions of the Patriot Guard.  You are a credit to our cause!!

A special thanks to your team member in the flag-wrapped PT Cruzer.  She gave me some beads that represent the Thin Blue Line, the PGR, Vietnam Service and the RED,WHITE & BLUE!  In all the emotion of the day's activities i failed to properly record her name.  I love the patriotic wrap on her vehicle!  It is definitely eye-catching!  Please let her know how much I appreciate the beads.  They will remain on my vest! 

As promised, I've attached a JPG file of the certificate that I presented to Jamie Baker at the cemetery on behalf of the PGR.  That's what we give to families here in North Texas at our funeral services.  The dog tags you present is a really nice touch as well.

If either of you ever make a trip to North Texas you are welcome to visit in my home.  Please keep my number in your files and let me know if you head this far east! 

It was an honor to stand the flag line with your team! 

Sincerely,
Ken Hammock
PGR Ride Captain
918-289-4749

NOTE FROM PGR MISSION OPS:  The PGR certificate file was too large to upload.  If you would like to see it, please email kylemillager@gmail.com, and I will email you the file.
PGR Mission Ops
SoCal PGR