Author Topic: GySgt Edwin Hassebrock mission - 17 NOV 2020  (Read 1698 times)

BethieWethie909

GySgt Edwin Hassebrock mission - 17 NOV 2020
« on: November 19, 2020, 05:05:09 AM »
Stacey and The Patriot Guard:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the extremely amazing honor you showed my veteran on Tuesday.  GYSGT Edwin Hassebrock on top of being a retired United States Marine was a husband, father of 3 and grandfather of 2. He served his time in the Marine Corp with pride, which was passed on to his children and grandchildren.  He took pride in being the best male role model to all in the family.

When we got the horrid news back in July 2020 that Edwin had lung cancer and doctors had ruled out any form of treatment due to his ailing body. Edwin’s only request was take care of my wife and my grandkids. As he sat trying to let this horrible news sink in he took time with each one of us to tell us what he hoped our futures would hold.  For his 2 grandkids he asked that they continue to strive to be the best they could be and never stop reaching for the stars. That he would always be watching over them in times of need. And even thou they couldn’t see him he would always be there to lend a listening ear.

Edwin from all the years in the service was a strict father. But as his sons will point out his sternness made them into the men they are today.

As the Patriots arrived I was deeply humbled. First it was the pure number that arrived. Then it was the amount of respect each Patriot showed my family during one of the hardest moments in our life, we looked around and saw a sea of flags and honor. And felt the warmth of respect that our hero deserved.

The pure tears I shed while starting out on our procession with missing man formations preceding my hero in his hurst, to the moment we pulled into Miramar National cemetery to a long line of salutes was true respect for a fallen Marine. Right down to the committal service where the Patriots surrounded our family gave us a sense of peace.

I said when we first talked Stacy that I had never seen the Patriot Guard in action. I can honestly say I didn’t know what to expect. Well the Patriot Guard made a hard moment feel extremely blessed and honored.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart
Stephanie Hassebrock