Author Topic: Thank you - Ernie Arroyo mission - 30 MAR 21  (Read 1570 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank you - Ernie Arroyo mission - 30 MAR 21
« on: April 07, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »
Dear Precious Patriot Guards,

Your name says it all. What you did to honor Ernie and our family was so beyond what we could ever imagine.

Well first of all, Brenda "Pebbles" wanted to connect with me before we even saw each other. You took the time to explain to me what would take place. I still couldn't grasp it so you texted me the full details along with pictures. You're amazing, I felt that hug over the phone.

Then we arrived at the Care Center in Colton to pick up my precious husband and the Patriot Guard was already there. You were there with your flags to surround Ernie as he came out of the building until the pallbearers put him into the coach. It showed the love and honor you were giving him. I'm crying as I'm writing this because it was so touching.

Thank you for that precious group picture we took together. Thank you for the card, the thoughtfulness in making the beads and what they represent, the pouch with the three shell casings and the Patriot Guard lapel pin. 

Then we all rode to RNC. There were Patriot Guards already there welcoming us, thank you.

You again surrounded Ernie as the pallbearers got him out of the coach and some were lined up on the walkway as the family followed into the shelter.

After family members shared how Ernie impacted their lives, we thought the service was over since there was a misunderstanding about the Honor Guards coming. But your precious "Ride Captain" came up to me and gave me shell casings from another veteran who was buried that day. THEN two wonderful Patriot Guards came forward to fold the flag, (ok, I'm bawling right now) and presented it to me in the same way the Marines would have done.

My family and I were blessed beyond words!!! You ALL gave of yourselves in such a special way. We will NEVER FORGET YOU!!! May God richly bless you.

A very grateful veterans wife and kids.

Ernie Arroyo family