Linked Events

• Ride to Live, Ontario, 20 April, 0800: April 20, 2024

Author Topic: Ride To Live, 20 Apr, and 12 May, Ontario 0800  (Read 102 times)

John Gretzinger

• Administrator
    • Gretzinger Photography
Ride To Live, 20 Apr, and 12 May, Ontario 0800
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:47:15 AM »
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL/FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW

SATURDAY APRIL 20TH, 8 AM To 5 PM

And

SATURDAY MAY 12TH, 8 AM To 5 PM

LIMITED AVAILABILITY- FIRST COME FIRST SERVED

The SoCal Patriot Guard Riders are being offered FREE motorcycle safety training presented by the Ontario Police Department!  The course is appropriately titled “Ride to Live'' and focuses on improving basic riding skills, specifically:

·        Proper manipulations of clutch and throttle in order to work the “friction zone”

·        Emergency Braking

·        Proper use of head and eyes when turning a motorcycle

·        Counter steering

·        Negotiating curves

·        Low speed precision maneuvering

To enroll, send an email requesting to attend including your name and telephone number to:

JHiggins@ontariopolice.org
Corporal Jonathan Higgins
Traffic Division
Ontario Police Department

This class is NOT for those who have never ridden before; you must have an M-1 endorsement and proof of insurance to attend. You will be asked to sign a release of liability waiver.  Finally, you must bring your own motorcycle, D.O.T. helmet, gloves, eye protection and footwear that covers ankles.

SATURDAY APRIL 20TH, 8 AM To 5 PM

And

SATURDAY MAY 12TH, 8 AM To 5 PM

2500 S Archibald Ave, Ontario, CA 91761 https://maps.app.goo.gl/e8gu7CQ3DUGpZ2bg6

Note:  Coffee and donuts will be provided in the morning but no lunch; plan accordingly.

Space is very limited on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in this training opportunity, please follow the instructions above to attend.  You will receive a confirmation email from the Ontario PD confirming your registration. 

Submissions over the class size will be placed on a wait list.

Finally, our friends at Ontario PD have dedicated a large portion of the class to the PGR!  Please only sign up if you absolutely can attend.  We need to be respectful of their time and efforts by having a full class without no shows.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Scotty "Tailgate Wiles
socalpgr_rc@yahoo.com
SoCalPGR R/C
PGR #108920

"Lest I keep my complacent way I must  remember somewhere out there a person died for me today.  As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his four Marine brothers, KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:

Corporal James H. McRae
Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch
Sgt Sam Nichols (2020)
John D. "Major" Gretzinger
MAJ, AVN, USA (Ret.)
61st Avn Co (AHC) - Lucky 15
Administrator - SoCal PGR Mission Ops
Assistant State Captain, Southern California PGR