Author Topic: Thank you - Honor Flight Southland - Oct 11 & 13, 2019  (Read 1111 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank you - Honor Flight Southland - Oct 11 & 13, 2019
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »
This was shared with us by our Honor Flight Southland team, it shows how much these trips mean to the Heroes, and our being there on their departure & return is part of that:

Dear Craig, Sandi, Gerry, Rita, Luci, Gerry, and all of the Honor Flight Team,

I cannot begin to thank you for giving my father and me the opportunity to be a part of this past weekend's Honor Flight trip.  I am still on a high, and my father is still absolutely overwhelmed by the entire experience.  It was in a word, perfect. 

The entire weekend went off without a hitch.  From the incredible send-off to the emotional, powerful return-it was truly the opportunity of a lifetime and will be forever etched in our hearts. 

We lost my mother in April of this year.  My parents were true sweethearts and best friends for 70 years. He was broken when she passed away, and started becoming more confused, and lost.   We weren't sure he would recover.  I truly believe this trip gave him hope that happiness can be found again. He smiled, laughed, cried....a seemed alive again.  You and your team gave him that gift. 

Your professionalism, compassion, and caring was reflected throughout the entire trip. I can only imagine the work that went into making all of this happen. You gave all of the veterans a gift which can never be repaid, and that is the greatest gift of all.  You are doing God's work, and we will be forever grateful.

With Sincere Gratitude,
Celes Miller and Verne Disney