Linked Events

• Manuel Mojica Zamora, 95, USA, Korea, Fountain Valley/Santa : March 22, 2024

Author Topic: Manuel Mojica Zamora, 95, USA, Korea, Fountain Valley/Santa Ana - 22 March 2024  (Read 430 times)

Kyle Millager

• Administrator
The family of Manuel Zamora, US Army, 95, have invited the Patriot Guard Riders to be present as he makes his final journey to his resting place. It will be our honor to fulfill their request.

Manuel served his nation in the United States Army from 1953 to 1956 during the Korean War where he was stationed in Anchorage, Alaska.  During his service, he obtained the rank of Corporal; he was honorably discharged.

After exiting the Army, he established roots in Southern California working in the construction field.  Manuel enjoyed traveling, reading his Bible, being in the outdoors and he was a history buff. 

Manuel leaves behind his loving family including his wife, Socorro Zamora, five children, Jess, Manuel, Edward, Rebecca, Henry; 13 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

TIME TABLE FOR FRIDAY, 22 MARCH 2024:

1045 - Stage at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 17270 Ward Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708  (please arrive quietly as services will be in progress)  https://maps.app.goo.gl/TnFRyZKfuTgzndEf6

1115 - Mission Briefing

1145 - Flag Line as our Hero is brought to the waiting coach

1200 - KSU to the Holy Sepulcher Cemetery, 7845 Santiago Cyn Rd., Orange, CA 92869  https://maps.app.goo.gl/egQoaLvUREhZLLoF7

1230 - Arrival at Holy Sepulcher Cemetery for burial and Military Honors

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this American Hero. For those interested, and all PGR members are welcome, we will be accompanying the Hero and his family from the church to the cemetery, approx 18 miles. Please see the time table if you would like to participate. For those who would rather go directly to the cemetery, we will meet you there.

Scotty "Tailgate" Wiles
SoCalPGR R/C

(626) 922-6304
PGR #108920

Lest I keep my complacent way I must  remember somewhere out there a person died for me today.  As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer, was I worth dying for? - Eleanor Roosevelt

I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his four Marine brothers, KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:

Corporal James H. McRae
Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch
Sgt Sam Nichols (2020)

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.

Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent, and with honor and respect for our Heroes. No talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Observe the 15 MPH speed limit. Remember, cemeteries are hallowed ground. Show respect to all who are there, not just the ones we are honoring.
PGR Mission Ops
SoCal PGR