Linked Events

• Luciano “Lucky” Martinez, 89, US Navy, Korea – RNC: August 09, 2021

Author Topic: Luciano “Lucky” Martinez, 89, US Navy, Korea – RNC – 09 Aug  (Read 2012 times)

Lilygirl54

• Administrator
  • Harley riding grandma who loves Jesus!
The family of Luciano “Lucky” Martinez, 89, US Navy as invited the Patriot Guard Riders to attend the military honors of their loved one as he makes his final journey.  It will be our honor to do so.

Lucky, as he was known to family and friends, was born on 02/11/31 and entered into eternal rest on 07/19/21.  He contracted Covid that affected his lungs and eventually took his life.

Per his daughter: “Papa’s nickname was “Lucky.” When I was young, I thought it was so cool that my father was named after the notorious gangster, Lucky Luciano, but it had nothing to do with that.  It had more to do with how incredibly “Lucky” my father was in life.  Someone once said the idea in life is to die young as late as possible. One reason my father knew this is that he almost did it when at the age of 17 he and a group of friends were racing up a road in Raton and slammed into a big boulder, knocking out his front teeth and putting him in a coma for a week. His mother prayed by his side until he finally awoke. He was Lucky - Lucky to be alive.”

Lucky entered into the US Navy on 04/30/52 and honorably discharged on 04/27/56.  He also served in the Naval Reserves until 04/29/60.  He worked as a machine operator the remainder of his life.
He loved his family, had faith in God, loved the poor and downtrodden, and loved this country.  He also loved to fixing things and reading.  He was a big sports fan of the Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, and Rams.
He loved his wife very much and appreciated all that she would do for him as he was wheelchair bound and needed daily care.  She was his jewel, his faithful wife for 41years.  He loved his children and grandchildren very much. Never said no to helping his family and friends. A simple man; humble yet strong like teakwood.

He is survived by his wife, Maria; sons, Roger and Marco; daughters, Leticia Maria, Laura, Veronica, and Pauline; and six grandchildren.  He is also survived by one brother, Joe Martinez and one sister, Betty.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this Military Veteran. For those interested, and all PGR members are welcome, this will be a flag line only (FLO) at the cemetery.  Please see the timetable below if you would like to participate.

NOTE: Observe the latest COVID-19 restrictions as they apply.  Please have a mask/face covering should the need arise.

TIMETABLE FOR MONDAY, 09 AUG

1245 – Stage at Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92518. (Staging Area #9 for PGR).  https://goo.gl/maps/bNo1uovAV5d9UhDA8

1315 – Mission briefing.

1335 – Meet family at cortage area.

1345 – KSU to committal for military honors.

Larry Medcraft, aka “Blaze”
SoCal PGR Ride Captain
LMedcraft@yahoo.com

Cell: 951-897-6635

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain). Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car). Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can. Please ride/drive safely. 

Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent, and with honor and respect for our Heroes. No talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Observe the 15 MPH speed limit. Remember, cemeteries are hallowed ground. Show respect to all who are there, not just the ones we are honoring.