Linked Events

• Beth R. Allen, PGR Member, Hemet-RNC: April 10, 2023

Author Topic: Note Change Timetable: Beth R. Allen, 77, PGR Member, Hemet-RNC, 10 April 2023  (Read 1331 times)

gilz45

Per the request of the family of Beth Raiford Allen, the Patriot Guard Riders (PGR) have been invited to attend the Military Honors of their loved one as she makes her final journey. It will be our honor to do so.

Bethie was born in Spur, Texas, on 03 December 1945 and entered Eternal Rest peacefully in her sleep at home in Hemet on 13 March 2023.

Bethie grew up in Ontario, California, attending Chaffey High School, where she had a strong interest in the Arts. An accomplished painter and poetry writer early in life, she put her paintbrushes and poetry down when she married Galen Yingst in 1966, giving birth to their daughter Gretchen in 1967.

As Bethie's marriage to Galen ended in 1972, she met Joseph Allen (U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer) and eventually married in 1974. Joe and Bethie blended their family and were subsequently blessed with a son, Darin, born in 1977 in Hawaii while Joe was stationed in Pearl Harbor.

Bethie and Joe lived in the Hemet community until his untimely passing in 2002. After serving his county for twenty years, Joe worked, but his passion for his country never waned and was shared by Bethie and their extended family and friends.

Bethie worked in the real estate industry in the '70s and '80s, where she started working for Red Carpet Realty while still in high school. She would continue her forty-four-year real estate career as she moved into residential lending, where she was an award-winning branch manager. Driven by her love for Joe and her respect for his service, serving Veterans was her calling and passion.

Bethie met Candyman, a musician, and motorcyclist, where she found herself on a new path full of adventure. She would accompany Candy on fun runs and live music shows and become involved with his commitment to the Patriot Guard Riders. With Candy already a member in good standing, Bethie was quickly adopted, "Sweet B."

When the SoCalPGR family called for administrative help, Bethie answered the call. She eventually assumed the leadership role as our Mission Ops Administrator after the passing of George Campos, and later became our SoCalPGR Assistant State Captain. 

It was her honor and privilege to serve the families of these brave men and women who gave their lives for our freedom and did so with the utmost compassion and professionalism. From the entire SoCal PGR family, she will be sorely missed.

In addition to her four children, Darin, Gretchen, Donell, and Tina, sister Joni Hines and life partner Candy, she is survived by seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her ex-husband Galen, her husband Joe, her son-in-law Jem Witty, her mother Vivian, her father Doug, and her brother-in-law Walt, along with aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, and dear friends.

The following are some thoughts/memories shared by a few of our PGR members:

“Only knew her through Mission Ops...it's weird how we never met in person at a PGR mission or event.She was fierce though.  Every time that phone would ring and I would see her name, I would think "uh oh, what did I do wrong".  LOL  Going to miss her calls and her dedication to our veterans.  She will be so missed by many, and especially us at the Ops team.  She will be a very hard act to follow and her shoes will be way too big to fill with just one person.”

“For me, Bethie was a great PGR Mission Ops mentor, learning the ins and outs of working the missions.  We were both widow sisters so she knew where I was coming from when it came to life, kids, and especially men!!! She always had great advice and support.  She was so happy and supportive when I decided to become a Ride Captain. Like all of you I'm sure, I miss being able to call her and ask her, "what do I do …?"

“Just one word comes to mind when I remember Bethie.   From day one when we met at a Mission she became a Sister. Bethie did not wait to study people, she immediately came into their Hearts and became supportive. Bethie will always be my "SISTER."

“Bethie was an honest straight shooter, who didn't pull any punches and at the same time she was so full of love.  She was so supportive and her laugh was contagious.  The time she spend training me in the ways of the PGR will forever be appreciated.  It didn't matter what our call started about it always ended with us laughing.   I sure will miss her!!!”

“She was always wondrous about what I was up to even when I wasn't in trouble. Lol Great mentor and other eve of her passing we still talked on the phone then she closed her eyes to sleep and opened them up in the arms of the Lord. Sure gonna miss her. Save me a sit Sweet B”

NOTE: This mission posting will facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring our beloved Bethie. For those interested, and all PGR members are welcome, we will accompany Bethie and her family from the family residence to her final resting place. Please see the timetable if you would like to participate. We will meet you there for those who would instead go directly to the Cemetery.

NOTE: Please observe the latest "COVID-19" restrictions.

Time Table for Monday, 10 April 2023

0830 – Stage at Home Depot, 3400 W Florida Ave, Hemet   
https://goo.gl/maps/nKktUafnrec8BTXr8

0900 – Mission Briefing

0915 – KSU to the family residence

0930 – Flag line as Bethie is transferred to Gunny's Motorcycle.

0945 – KSU to Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92518 (PGR Staging area, north of the first Rest Room as you enter RNC.  http://goo.gl/maps/v0K0E

If you cannot accompany us, please consider meeting us at the entrance of the Cemetery with a flag line to honor Bethie as she arrives. Angel will coordinate this flag line

1100 – KSU to assigned shelter for Flag line, Service, and Military Honors

After the funeral services, join us for a Celebration of Life at the American Legion Hall, Post 53, 124 N. Ramona, Hemet.

R/C Craig (Gunny) Donor
GySgt USMC (ret)
California State Captain
Patriot Guard Riders
Cell 909 208 7703
pgrgunny-001@yahoo.com
Member since 31 May 2006
PGR # 36750
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like there is no tomorrow.
When the world calls 911
The American Military answers the call.

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to participate in your car. If this will be your first mission, go to the initial staging area, and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain). Dress for motorcycle riding or wear casual attire if you are driving a cage (car). Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can. Please ride/drive safely.

Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent with honor and respect for our Heroes—no talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum.

"Bethie"
Rest In Peace