Linked Events

• James Alex Tolmasov, Montebello /Riverside : October 09, 2019

Author Topic: James Alex Tolmasov, 93, USA, WWII, Montebello /Riverside – 09 OCT 19  (Read 1310 times)

momanone

• Administrator
The family of James Alex Tolmasov, U.S. Army Veteran and a member of the Greatest Generation, has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to accompany them from Risher Mortuary Chapel, located in Montebello. to Riverside National Cemetery and to be present as he receives military honors for his service to our country. We would be privileged to do so.

James Tolmasov was born 17 November 1925 in Los Angeles California and enlisted in the United States Army on 6 July 1944. He served until February 1946. He served during the World War II and is a veteran of The Battle of the Bulge. He was a member of a rifle squad, fired Browning automatic rifles and bazookas in combat. He also used hand weapons and a flame thrower to destroy enemy personnel. Was awarded the Combat Infantry Badge, EAME Theatre Ribbon with 1 Brz Sv Star for Northern France Campaign and 1 Brz Sv Star for Rhineland and 1 Brz Sv Star for Southern Germany. WWII Victory Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Presidential Citation, and Occupational Ribbon. James was one of three brothers who served our Country all during the was WWII.

For Over 36 years James work for the City Of Los Angeles, Bureau of Contract Administration. He held the Title of Senior Construction Inspector.

James is survived by his three children, Karen, Richard, and Mary Joan and his three Grandchildren.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this Military Veteran. For those interested, and all are welcome, we will be accompanying the hero and his family from the funeral services to his final resting place. Please see the time table if you would like to participate. For those who would rather go directly to the cemetery, we will meet you there.

Time table for Wednesday, 09 October 19:

1100 – Stage at Risher Mortuary Chapel 1316 Whittier Blvd, Montebello Ca 90640 https://goo.gl/maps/RHSsGBAhxRMbX4j67
1115 -Mission Briefing
1145 – Flag line for dignified transfer to coach
1200 - KSU for Riverside National Cemetery
1345 - ETA Riverside National Cemetery
1400 – Flag line at Shelter/Full military honors
1300- EST @ RNC 22495 Van Buren Boulevard, Riverside, CA 92518 https://goo.gl/maps/gDph1dY2mt2umQRXA
1415- Full Military Honors.

R/C: Scotty "Tailgate" Wiles
SoCalPGR R/C
PGR #108920
ALR Post 79
Eaglerider Tours

Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today.  As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for? - Eleanor Roosevelt

I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his three Marine brothers,
KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:
Corporal James H. McRae
Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.