Linked Events

• Marian Patricia Munoz, Corona/RNC: July 28, 2020

Author Topic: Marian Patricia "Pat" Munoz, 83, USAF, Corona/RNC - 28 JUL 2020  (Read 1513 times)

BethieWethie909

The family of Marian Patricia “Pat” Munoz has invited the PGR to participate in honoring her life and service to our country. It will be our privilege to do so.

Mariam was born in Flint, Mich. on 22 November 1936, and was a “Farm Girl” until she enlisted in the United States Air Force on 10 October 1955. She went through basic training at Lackland AFB and was then assigned to March AFB and was trained as a keypunch operator achieving the rank of Airman Basic. It was there at March Marian met the love of her life, Manuel, who was a Chief Flight Mechanic. They married in Sept. 1956, then Mariam was honorably discharged from the USAF on 26 October, 1956.

After her service Mariam and Manuel would raise a large, loving and close knit family and later began on an adventure of taking approximately 150 cruises all over the world, achieving a coveted “Silver Circle” award through the ships’ captains. Mariam enjoyed sewing, needlepoint and cooking, and read an entire Harlequin Romance novel every day.

Mariam passed into eternal rest on 17 July 2020 in Perris, California at the age of 83, and will be laid to rest with her husband Manuel, who preceded her in death in 2012, at Riverside National Cemetery. They are survived by sons Mike, Matthew and Morgan, and daughters Catherine and Lori, eleven grandchildren and fourteen great grandchildren.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this Military Veteran. For those interested, and all are welcome, we will be accompanying the hero and her family from the Funeral Home to her final resting place. Please see the time table if you would like to participate. For those who would rather go directly to the cemetery, we will meet you there.

NOTE: Participating PGR members will follow COVID-19 protocol at all times. Due to warm temperatures, hydration awareness is also a must. I’ll be bringing our much-appreciated donated iced bottles of water & snacks from our friends at Albertsons through my ministry.

Time Table for Tuesday, 28 July 2020:

1100 - Stage at Thomas Miller Mortuary, 1118 E. Sixth St., Corona, CA 92879 (Please enter the mortuary property quietly, as services will be in progress.) https://goo.gl/maps/i8SFUra5yEXoRu8F8

1115 - Mission Briefing

1130 - Establish Flag Line for dignified transfer of Hero from chapel to coach. PGR honors and presentations will be performed following Flag Line.

1145 - KSU to Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92518 https://goo.gl/maps/ZEq9DM2XTrM5UBQHA

1215 - Est arrival time at RNC. After arrival at appointed shelter, PGR will continue and leave the grounds.

R/C Pastor Katie “PK” Young
So Cal PGR Ride Captain

katiehawke85@yahoo.com
760-845-9528

I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain). Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car). Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can. Please ride/drive safely.

Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent, and with honor and respect for our Heroes. No talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Observe the 15 MPH speed limit. Remember, cemeteries are hallowed ground. Show respect to all who are there, not just the ones we are honoring.