Author Topic: Thank you - Maj Kenneth Walden mission - 25 AUG 18  (Read 5866 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank you - Maj Kenneth Walden mission - 25 AUG 18
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:21:45 AM »
Thank you from the friends of Maj Kenneth Walden, the mission was a "paddle out" on surfboards near the Santa Monica Pier, the first mission of this kind in the 13 yr history of the PGR in So California.

We just wanted to send a very special thank you to the Ride Capt. Tom Barry and the rest of the crew. They were all so patient while we figured out ‘the plan’.

Your presence really got lots of positive comments from folks who knew Ken, they said he would have been very happy to see your patriotic displays of the Flag and the columns they formed for the procession to the waters edge with our Piper.

They really brought dignity to the informal attempt we made to render him our respects.

Safe riding to all, and our most heartfelt thanks on a job well done.

Semper Fidelis,
John

Beth & Captain Tom,
   Huge debt of gratitude to both you for the awesome service you provide to our men and women who have proudly served our country. You really made the entire event such a special and glorious occasion for a Major we lost too early in Life. He was an amazing guy, that like you folks touched many lives very deeply in a very humble and graceful fashion. Thanks for volunteering your time, money, and talents. I did not get to personally thank all of the riders but please feel free to share this email with any and all. I sure hope they all were able to enjoy the food that was there, I ordered enough for everyone.

Beth thanks so much for the sweet phone in advance to review the service and the commitment to the mission. That really meant a lot as the last few months have been challenging with his passing. Glad we share the surfing tradition and that PGR had there first mission doing this service.

Captain Tom thanks again for all the patience and organizing the riders in a timely fashion. I felt such admiration from you and all your team performing the mission. You are truly a gentleman they way you quietly carried everything out and I felt so honored to be with you all.

Thanks again to all for your participation and keeping patriotism alive with the flag line. Please see the photo link below for the event, free feel to use them in any way you see fit and share it with the rest of the crew. There will be a drone film coming later I will share as well.

https://air.cam/MjU3NQ

Thanks

Tom Romish