Linked Events

• Wreaths Across America - LANC - Los Angeles: December 18, 2021

Author Topic: Wreaths Across America - LANC - Los Angeles - 18 Dec 21  (Read 2322 times)

BethieWethie909

Wreaths Across America - LANC - Los Angeles - 18 Dec 21
« on: December 11, 2021, 07:05:46 PM »
Wreaths Across America is a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring and thanking our Veterans for their service and sacrifice. The Wreaths Across America mission is to “Remember, Honor, and Teach”. The annual wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery started in 1992 is now performed around the country at over 1100 cemeteries.

Wreaths are placed on the graves of our Fallen Heroes by Patriots who know the sacrifice paid by these brave warriors and wish to recognize their service.

At precisely the same time across the country the ceremony begins every year, the Patriot Guard Riders are privileged to be invited to be part of this event.

Los Angeles National Cemetery
Wreaths across America
950 South Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
http://goo.gl/maps/sCBZ6

LANC Phone: (310) 268-4675 or 4494

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring these Military Veterans.

NOTE: PLEASE BE AWARE OF COVID PRECAUTIONS, HAVE MASK AVAILABLE IF NEEDED

Time Table for Saturday, Dec 18,2022:

0815 - Stage at LANC Administrative Building

0830 - Mission Briefing

Part 1

0845 - Gather for the ceremony

0900 - Ceremony begins

Part 2

After the ceremony we will do a once around LANC, honoring our Iraqi/Afghanistan and Active Duty heroes who are resting here and place donated wreathes at each headstone.  You are welcome to bring a wreath for your loved one's grave site with you as well.

Come join us!!

Let's make this year a celebration for our Heroes!

NOTE: LANC Administration has asked that if a rider is running late, to please park
away from the ceremony and walk so we do not disrupt the Ceremony that starts
promptly at 09:00.

R/C Scotty "Tailgate" Wiles
SoCalPGR R/C
PGR #108920

socalpgr_rc@yahoo.com
(626) 922-6404

Lest I keep my complacent way I must  remember somewhere out there a person died for me today.  As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for? - Eleanor Roosevelt
I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his four Marine brothers, KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:

Corporal James H. McRae
Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch
Sergeant Samuel Nichols (2020)

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.