Linked Events

• Joseph Ronald Murillo, Santa Ana: March 31, 2014

Author Topic: Joseph Ronald Murillo, 65, USA, Vietnam, Santa Ana – 31 MAR 14  (Read 870 times)

Ryan Wynn

• Ronald H. Wynn
The family of Sgt. Joseph Ronald Murillo has requested the presence of the Patriot Guard to honor this fallen hero, and it would be our honor to do so.

Joe had requested the presence of pall bearers for his final journey, and his sister Gloria and Pastor Frank (a 2 time purple Heart recipient also from Vietnam) thought it only fitting that it should be members of the Patriot Guard. We will also be honored to do so.

We will need 6 pallbearers to carry Sgt. Joseph Murillo out to the awaiting coach after services.   Then once we arrive at the grave site we will again carry our hero from the coach to his final resting place.

All services will be on site.

Joseph was always a quiet man and always worked hard to provide for his family, and also to help out his friends. He had been this way all through his young life, and he carried that same drive into the service. Joseph finished high school, and then in June of 1968 was introduced into the United States Army. He served until June of 1970. During that time he served a tour in Vietnam. After coming home Joseph was very quiet and never talked to his family about what had taken place during his time in country.

Joseph had many jobs after doing his time in the Army but most of it was spent driving truck and making sure his customers always got their supplies in a timely manner. Joseph always kept everything simple and was a no frills kind of guy. One thing he told his sister was that I don't ask for much but at my funeral I would like "Military Honors". And that request we will do our best.

His father, Joseph Sr. is also a WWII veteran. He is 90 and is very upset at the loss of his son. We will be honored to do him proud, and make sure this hero gets the honors he deserves.

Joseph is survived by his Parents: Joseph and Elia Murillo; His 5 children: Joseph, Leona, John Boy, Angelina, and Cynthia Murillo.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this Military Veteran.

Time Table for Monday 31 March 2014:

1145- Stage at Fairhaven Memorial Park- " Waverly Chapel", 1702 Fairhaven Ave. Santa Ana, Calif. 92705   https://goo.gl/maps/Ctc97

1200- Mission Briefing

1230- Flagline from Chapel to Coach (PGR Pallbearers)

1245- KSU to Gravesite

1300- Flagline from coach to Gravesite ( PGR Pallbearers)

R/C Mike Courtright "Joker"
Patriot Guard Ride Captain
mokynanapo@sbcglobal.net
714-321-3356

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.

Please remember to post your condolences for the family at this link:

https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread.php?388339

"They have stood for me since the day I was born,
 I will stand for them until the day that I die"

Jen67

Re: Joseph Ronald Murillo, 65, USA, Vietnam, Santa Ana – 31 MAR 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
bump