Linked Events

• Groundbreaking, Murietta : May 03, 2014

Author Topic: HOTH – Groundbreaking Ceremony, Cpl Carlos Garcia, Murietta – 3 MAY 14  (Read 676 times)

Ryan Wynn

• Ronald H. Wynn
The Patriot Guard has been invited by "Homes for Our Troops", a national, non-profit organization which builds specially adapted homes for severely injured veterans at no cost to these Heroes. They are preparing to build a home in Temecula for Cpl Carlos Garcia USMC a Wounded Warrior. Marine Corporal Carlos Garcia was on his first deployment when he was severely injured in an IED blast in Sangin, Afghanistan on November 20, 2010.  Cpl Garcia is grateful for the support of those who will help make his specially adapted home a reality. "Receiving this house…this HOME from Homes for Our Troops will take away a lot of the stress in my life. I will be more independent and feel more comfortable on a daily basis because all areas of my home will be accessible to me. My family and I will no longer have to worry about finding a place where we can live safely as a family. Thank you for all that you to do help our combat wounded.”

While on a foot patrol with the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, Cpl Garcia was in a familiar area near a canal that was frequently used by his squad when he stepped on an unidentified IED. The resulting injuries were so severe that both of his legs required amputations above the knee.

The Patriot Guard will be honored to accompany Cpl Garcia and his family to his new home site and to greet him with an outpouring of love and thanks for his sacrifices.  Cpl Garcia will be meeting with us prior to the accompaniment and we will have a chance to express personally our appreciation to our Hero.  This is the first official ceremony to help kick off and celebrate the start of Cpl Garcia's home in Murrieta, CA.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this American Hero. For those interested, and all are welcome, we will be providing a Flag line as our hero is brought to his Homesite.

Time Table for Saturday, 3 May 2014:

0900 - Stage at Shell, 39614 Los Alamos Rd, Murrieta, CA 92563  URL: https://goo.gl/maps/1sWyH

0930 - Mission Briefing

0945 - KSU 

1000 - Meeting with Hero

1030 - KSU for HFOT location

RC Chuck "Machine" Johnson
chuckj661@hotmail.com
760-271-2544

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.

https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread.php?389639