Linked Events

• Leonard F. Malott, 68, USA, Vietnam, Santee/Ft Rosecrans: May 03, 2022

Author Topic: Leonard F. Malott, 68, USA, Vietnam, Santee/Ft Rosecrans - 03 MAY 22  (Read 2046 times)

BethieWethie909

The family of Leonard Malott has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to be present to honor their Hero for his service to his country. It will be our privilege to do so.

Leonard passed away at the age of 68. He was born in October of 1953. His cause of death was PTSD & Pulmonary Fibrosis from contact with Agent Orange.

Leonard joined the Army in 1971 & was honorably discharged as a PFC. In 1973.

This is his daughter’s own words (Lori). “My father served in Vietnam from 71-73, he joined the Army at 17 years old and was sent to Vietnam as soon as he left boot camp in CA. He was a Tank Driver while overseas and I guess he liked to save dogs (I found this out when I found a photo of him holding a puppy in Vietnam 6 years ago). My dad did not talk about his time in the service and until about 10 years ago he was a Veteran who felt he did not deserve any form of benefit for fighting in Vietnam. I am glad he decided to collect his medals, patches and benefits before his passing or we would truly have no clue, other than he was in Vietnam and drove Tanks”.

Leonard was a HUGE FISHERMAN & FAMILY MAN! He worked in the construction industry and fishing industry. his favorite hobby was also fishing. It was his great passion that he shared with his family and his friends. You never saw him without a fishing pole ready to go fishing in his truck.

He is survived by the love of his Life, his wife Laural, two Daughters Deserae and Elizabeth and two granddaughters that he raised, Terra and Juliette, 2 younger brothers Steven & Rick . He also had 2 granddaughters and a grandson.

NOTE: This mission posting facilitates your voluntary participation in honoring this Military Veteran. For those interested, and all PGR members are welcome, we will be accompanying our hero and his family from the mortuary to his final resting place, approx 26 miles.  Please see the timetable if you would like to participate. We will meet you there for those who would rather go directly to the cemetery.

Time Table for Tuesday, May 3rd. 2022:

1210 - Stage at Partridge Creek Mortuary, 10330 Mission Gorge Rd., Santee, CA 92071 https://goo.gl/maps/JJmg5McB3j6bgfbx7

1230 - Mission briefing

1300 - Flag Line for our Hero to be transferred to coach

1315 - KSU for Ft Rosecrans National Cemetery, 1700 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego CA 92106 https://goo.gl/maps/7pJBkjVnvULYKSmZ6

1400 - Arrive at Ft Rosecrans

1430 - Flag Line and Full Military Honors

R/C Ken Brassell
SoCalPGR Ride Captain

kenbrassell@gmail.com
619-333-9685

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this is your first mission, go to the initial staging area, and you will be briefed by the R/C (Ride Captain). Dress for motorcycle riding or wear casual attire while driving a cage (car). Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can. Please ride/drive safely.

Remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent with honor and respect for our Heroes—no talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Show respect to all who are there, not just the ones we honor.