Linked Events

• Ronald Lee Wirsgalla, 75, USA, Vietnam, Covina/RNC - 4 MARCH: March 04, 2024

Author Topic: Ronald Lee Wirsgalla, 76, USA, Vietnam, Covina/RNC - 4 MARCH 2024  (Read 577 times)

Kyle Millager

• Administrator
The family of Ronald Lee Wirsgalla, 76, has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to be present as he makes his final journey to his resting place. It will be our honor to fulfill their
request.

Ron faithfully served his nation during the height of the Vietnam War from July 1967-July 1969.  His primary duty station was Okinawa, Japan where he earned the National Defense Service Medal and Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal. He was honorably discharged as a Sgt - E5.

In civilian life, he was a machinist and his hobbies were baseball and bowling. He was married to his wife, Beverly, for 56 years and is survived by his brother and sister, two children, Christal and Ronny, as well as five grandchildren. He will be greatly missed.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this American Hero. For those interested, and all PGR members are welcome, we will be accompanying the Hero and his family from the funeral home to the Riverside National Cemetery, approx 42 miles. Please see the time table if you would like to participate. For those who would rather go directly to the cemetery, we will meet you there.

TIME TABLE FOR MONDAY, 04 MARCH 2024:

0945 - Stage at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 21300 Via Verde St., Covina, CA 91724  https://maps.app.goo.gl/2QR133fjEMN1FTux9

1000 - Mission Briefing

1015 - Flagline as our Hero is brought to the waiting coach - Pall Bearers may be needed

1030 - KSU to Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 22495 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92518 https://maps.app.goo.gl/1ie7XHzz9PAYrcZdA

1200 - KSU to Shelter for Flagline and Military Honors

Scotty"Tailgate" Wiles
SoCalPGR R/C

(626) 922-6304
PGR #108920
Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer, was I worth dying for? - Eleanor Roosevelt
I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his four Marine brothers, KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:
  Corporal James H. McRae
  Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
  Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch
  Sgt Sam Nichols (2020)

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. All PGR members are welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.

Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent, and with honor and respect for our Heroes. No talking, smoking, or cell phone use during the flag line or service. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Observe the 15 MPH speed limit. Remember, cemeteries are hallowed ground. Show respect to all who are there, not just the ones we are honoring.
PGR Mission Ops
SoCal PGR