Author Topic: Thank you from Gilbert McGhee family - Mission date Aug 10, 2017  (Read 5571 times)

BethieWethie909

On behalf of my family I would like to thank the PGR for the wonderful job today in honoring Gilbert. I heard from various family members that he would have appreciated the honors displayed! Thank you brother Chip you did an outstanding job as the R/C, and to Angel for his helping you fold the flag. I don't want to leave out the other PGR brothers and sisters present as they also did a great job as well! To Gunny, thanks so much for your offer of a flag but I think there was a plan from someone above you.  I found an American Flag at Hermosa Cemetery in Colton so I went there, which turned out to be a Godsend! While there a coach with a flag draped package pulled up. I asked the driver about the hero and turns out he was WWII Army veteran and had no one there to honor him so I decided that as they brought him out of the coach I would stand at attention and salute. It was an honor to do so!
Again thank you all for what each of you do to honor the men and women who serve this great nation! May you continue to be a blessing and be blessed as well!
Candyman