Linked Events

• Pablo C. Soto, 89, USA, Whitter/Riverside: November 24, 2017

Author Topic: Pablo C. Soto, 89, USA, Korea, Whitter/Riverside, 24 NOV 2017  (Read 679 times)

momanone

• Administrator
Pablo C. Soto, 89, USA, Korea, Whitter/Riverside, 24 NOV 2017
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »
The family of Cpl Pablo C. Soto (89) USA has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to honor their loved one; we are honored to accept this invitation.  We will accompany our Hero and his family from Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier to the Riverside National Cemetery for military honors and Pablo’s memorial service.

Cpl. Soto proudly served his country in the US Army in Korea as a cook from 9 February, 1951 to 21 February, 1953 when he was transferred to the Army Reserves.  Later, he was honorably discharged on 21 February, 1956.  Cpl Soto received the Korean Service Medal with 3 Campaign Stars, the Japan Occupation Medal and U.N. Service Medal among others.

After Pablo separated service, he worked in the upholstery industry for many years before returning to the kitchen where he worked as a baker until he retired in 1992.  Thereafter Pablo could be found playing his guitar, which was his main retirement hobby.

Pablo is survived by his wife of 67 years, Mary M. Soto, five of his six daughters, Frances S. Thomas, Dorothy Villa, Ruth S. Marthe’, Rose Winter and Anita S. Mousseau, 17 grandchildren, 23 of 24 great grandchildren and one great-great grandson. He’s also survived by his 2 remaining sisters.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring this American Hero. For those interested, and all are welcome, we will be accompanying the hero and his family from family residence to RNC.  Please see the time table if you would like to participate.

Time Table for Friday, 24 November 2017:

1115 - Stage at the Rose Hill Memorial Park:  3888 Workman Mill Rd, Whittier, CA 90601 - https://goo.gl/nRdpzo

1130 - Mission Briefing.

1145 – Flag Line as Hero is loaded into the waiting coach.

1200 - Depart for RNC.

1310 - Arrival at Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92518 http://goo.gl/maps/8N9u4

1330 - Flag line and military honors for Cpl Soto at the assigned shelter.

R/C: Scotty "Tailgate" Wiles
SoCalPGR R/C
PGR #108920

Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today.  As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for? - Eleanor Roosevelt

I ride in honor of HN Daniel "Doc" Noble and his three Marine brothers, KIA 24 July, 2007 Diyala Province, Iraq:

Corporal James H. McRae
Corporal Matthew R. Zindars
Lance Corporal Robert A Lynch

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this is to be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed by the R/C (Ride Captain). Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car). Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can. Please ride/drive safely.