Linked Events

• SEND OFF #2, Marines/Sailors, San Clemente: May 11, 2016

Author Topic: SEND OFF Marines & Sailors, Group #2, San Clemente, CA - 11 MAY 16  (Read 383 times)

BethieWethie909

We are very privileged to be invited to Send Off a unit of Marines and Sailors that will be deploying and leaving their families for several months in support of keeping America Free!

We will be meeting the unit at their base camp at Camp Pendleton and accompanying them to a point where we will peel off with THUNDER showing them how much we support them!

Please bring your flags, your smiles, your handshakes and thank yous so they will feel how much we appreciate them and will know we will be there to welcome them home upon their return.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  We will be traveling on to a military base that requires individual I.D. for all members.  If you have a base permit/pass card, a military I.D. card (active or retired), or a DoD Civilian employee I.D. you will be passed through, all others will have to present a valid photo I.D. such as drivers license to be allowed base access.  Please be prepared with your CARD IN HAND as you get ready to pass through the gate. (NEW BASE ACCESS PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE 01FEB16)

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring these Warriors. For those interested, and all are welcome, we will be accompanying the Warriors to their departure location. Please see the time table if you would like to participate.

Time table for Wednesday, 11 MAY 16:

0100 - Stage at Chevron ExtraMile, 1729 S. El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672  https://goo.gl/maps/EL5RrP6c7RN2

0115 - Mission briefing

0130 - KSU to base camp for meet/greet with troops & families

0200 - Est Flag line as they board buses

0230 - Est KSU to departure location

R/C Vince Hernandez
So Cal PGR Ride Captain

calldanek@yahoo.com
951-236-3140

Each motorcycle rider should have registration, proof of insurance. You should also wear hard sole shoes, long pants, full-fingered gloves, a long sleeve outer garment, eye protection, and a DOT helmet. A brightly colored reflective vest is no longer needed but recommended.  Have your I.D. ready when you arrive at the gate.

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome. We encourage those who do not ride to attend in your car. If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  Dress for motorcycle riding or dress casually if you are driving a cage (car).  Please feel free to attend any portion of this mission you can.  Please ride/drive safely.

Please post your notes of thanks and support at the National link:

https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread.php?417369