Linked Events

• Patricia O' Malley, Riverside National Cemetery: July 28, 2023

Author Topic: Patricia O' Malley Military Wife, Mother, and Grandmother - Riverside, 28 July  (Read 1150 times)

John Gretzinger

• Administrator
    • Gretzinger Photography
This is not a mission in the formal sense and there will be no Ride Captain as this is to honor an extraordinary lady who was a Military Spouse, Mother, and Grandmother.  Please read the request from the family and attend if you can.  I know her family will be moved by any attendence we can make.

Thank you for your consideration

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My mother, Patricia Jean O’Malley, will be buried at Riverside National Cemetery on Friday, 28 July, at 1330 hrs.

Just eight months ago we buried my brother at Riverside National Cemetery:  Terence Earl O’Malley, USN, a Vietnam veteran.  She will be buried next to her son, Terry, and my father, Captain Charles A. O’Malley, USN.

As a military dependent, she is not entitled to military honors.  However, I believe as a military spouse, a military mother and grandmother of military members, she deserves recognition.  It is unfortunate that someone who spent her life supporting the military cannot even have one person stand by with an American flag.

The Patriot Guard Riders have done an outstanding job honoring our deceased members of the armed forces and their families. They have reminded our community and our nation of the sacrifices of all those who serve in the armed forces, and their families.

It would be an honor if any one of your members would be present.  I look forward to hearing from you.

V/r,

MARGARET M. O’MALLEY, TSgt, USAF, R
636 Elaine Avenue
Oceanside, CA  92057
C:  530-218-6007
John D. "Major" Gretzinger
MAJ, AVN, USA (Ret.)
61st Avn Co (AHC) - Lucky 15
Administrator - SoCal PGR Mission Ops
Assistant State Captain, Southern California PGR