Author Topic: Thank you - Sgt Chad Jenson family - mission 18 Aug  (Read 6465 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank you - Sgt Chad Jenson family - mission 18 Aug
« on: August 20, 2017, 04:15:24 AM »
Email received by the R/C Mike Dr Fixit:

I wish to offer my sincerest thanks for the service you provided for the Memorial and Funeral processions for the body of USMC Sergeant Chad Elliott Jensen.   The Jensens have been close to my nephew for years. He is considered one of their family. His best friend Mike is the oldest of the Jensen Boys. He is a constant in my life as has my nephew whom I raised since he was 12 and my own sister had passed,  and the Jensens have always extended their hearts and home to my nephew.  I literally hear Mikes voice very day talking to my nephew, who currently is staying with me. When I think of my nephew I think of mike too. The loss has hit our home very deeply as well

The entire family was the kind of family that everyone wishes they were a part of. I thank God every day for their friendship and support that has been offered to my nephew since the day he moved in with me and his first day at school when Mike came home with him.  Chad was like a younger brother to my nephew too,.  To see your Honor Guard out there made my heart fill with joy.  Having been involved in some fairly large rides, I completely get the dedication and sincere effort that your organization offers. One thing about bikers, they are sincere and they get it done. I worked 8 years side by side in the core  committee in the organizing  the second largest ride in Los Angeles at that time. Beach Ride  I myself did not even ride, but I earned their respect. That is something I am very proud of.

While some may not completely get it,  I do. The show of support was not only helpful but it expressed what many of us wish we could, and that is to participate in a community that is contributing to the positive elements of todays society. Many could learn from the message in which you provide.

I have been just heart broken over the loss of Chad and  the loss of  his parents and brother have been on my mind.  Today when I saw the motorcycles I felt no better example of people going out of their way to show gratitude and concern and love for people they did not even know.  To have taken the time to organize and show presence and to help facilitate this solemn event and help to make it  a smooth and seamless  journey os truly honorable in its own way.

I felt compelled to reach out and to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. In case it may have been overlooked at the time due to so many emotional  things going on,  I wanted you to know that I  know for a fact that the Jensen family shares in my gratitude and thanks.  Although I am sure they have made that known to you directly. However , if somehow it passed and they did not get a chance, please know that you helped add to the Honoring of Chad’s memory. Thank you.

I will remain forever in your debt for this selfless act that you and your members provide, and the comfort I felt knowing that you were there helping oversee the transition of the motorcade and the movement of the remains. 

If there is ever anything I can do for you or your group please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you and to all the members for their help and support.

Sincerely,

Ann Loray Bartels