Linked Events

• HOTH - TAPS for Survivors, San Diego/Julian: July 24, 2016

Author Topic: HOTH- TAPS Ride for Survivors, San Diego/Julian - 24 July 2016  (Read 502 times)

Ryan Wynn

• Ronald H. Wynn

The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors organization (www.taps.org) has requested the Patriot Guard Riders assist in helping a group of very deserving children by accompanying them to summer camp.  We will be honored to do so.

TAPS helps those who are grieving the loss of someone who died while in the military.  TAPS families have experienced loss in a variety of ways - from combat, suicide, terrorism, homicide, negligence, accidents, and illness. TAPS survivors include mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, fiancés and other relatives of those who have served this country.  Nearly all of TAPS families are trauma survivors. They all thought their loved one would return home from a military assignment, instead, their worst nightmare came true.

TAPS is holding a camp for children of fallen service members in Julian, CA.  There will be 40 kids participating, aged 6 to 18.  They will travel by bus from MCAS Miramar to Julian, and they are very excited that the Patriot Guard Riders will be accompanying them along the way.  They love seeing all of the motorcycles and the flags so let’s make it a fun event for them.

NOTE: This mission posting is to facilitate your voluntary participation in honoring the children of Military Veterans.  For those interested, and all are welcome, please see the time table below.

NOTE: Due to OPSEC (Operational Security) limitations which involve troop movements and on-base activities, exact details of this mission will be explained at the Mission Briefing only.

NOTE:  We will be traveling on to a military base that requires individual I.D. for all members.  If you have a base permit/pass card, a military I.D. card (active or retired), or a DoD Civilian employee I.D. you will be passed through, all others will have to present a valid photo I.D. such as drivers license to be allowed base access.  Please be prepared with your CARD IN HAND as you get ready to pass through the gate.

Time Table for Sunday, 24 July 2016:

1530 – Stage at IHOP, 9449 Kearny Mesa Road, San Diego, CA 92126 https://goo.gl/maps/Xx5hZitTruK2
1600 - Mission Briefing
1615 – KSU to MCAS Miramar
1700 – Depart for Julian
1800 – Arrive at Summer Camp, Julian

R/C Lorenzo Lizarraga
SoCal PGR Ride Captain
619-971-2236
llizarraga@yahoo.com

You do not have to be a Veteran or a motorcycle rider to attend this mission. Everyone is welcome.  If this will be your first mission go to the initial staging area and you will be briefed there by the R/C (Ride Captain).  We will be going on base at MCAS.  Dress for motorcycle riding, gloves, long sleeve shirt, over ankle boots.  Have ID ready in case it is requested.

https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread.php?420370