Author Topic: Thank you - MAJ Pete Solis Jr mission - mission date April 24, 2018  (Read 6228 times)

BethieWethie909

I wanted to thank each and every one of the Patriot Guard Riders and assistants for being there for my Uncle Pete and for us on Tuesday.  Beginning with the flags as we left the church and continuing with the calls to the Fire Department and Police Department, every Patriot Guard who was there was respectful, protective and dedicated.  We had quite a few people who decided to make the trip from Claremont to Riverside for the commitment ceremony and ended up with about 30 or more cars.  Your Riders, at no small danger to themselves, safely conveyed us to the cemetery through 3 freeways and the general traffic.  My husband and I are not from that area and without the help of the Riders would probably still be trying to find the cemetery.  Your Riders held back traffic, directed us and generally protected us throughout the trip. 

I also was proud of the Riders who stayed through the commitment ceremony and held flags as Uncle Pete was taken away.  To spend an entire afternoon away from their families just to help another family grieve was a fantastic sacrifice. 

My sincere thanks and appreciation to everyone who was involved.

Betsy DeLoa

Daughter of a still living WWII Vet.