Author Topic: Thank You - Bruce Leutzinger mission - 07 SEP  (Read 1493 times)

Kyle Millager

• Administrator
Thank You - Bruce Leutzinger mission - 07 SEP
« on: September 08, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »
R/C Clint "Smurf" Martin received this thank you from the nephew/family of Bruce Leutzinger:

I wanted to thank the guys for not only my Aunt but my entire family. The showing we had today for my Uncle's funeral was well above and beyond. It was very much appreciated, much more than you all know.

To Clint and his guys... Thank you so much for everything you did for our family today. It meant the world for PGR to be involved. I have to say, with all the comings and goings the past 2-1/2 weeks leading up to today, it's been a whirlwind and to see your guys come around the corner while starting to load the car got me right in the feels.... It was the first chance for reality to set in that today was Bruce's funeral. I don't know how to explain it, but there was a security in knowing we had your riders along with us. It was also very comforting to know you were right there with us.

To Clint... not all service members are out in the dirt, not all of us pull triggers or hump a full ruck and weapon. Some serve in other ways, such as support, in PAC making sure everyone's paid, legal making sure everyone's paperwork is up to snuff, medical making sure everyone's had their shots, dental work and other support roles.  No role is insignificant, and today, you were a giant to my family. You may not have been afforded the opportunity to don the boots and the uniform, but the heart of a lion sometimes comes in a very unapparent package... sometimes you only know it's a lion when you hear its roar... and you can't make a lion be something else, it's always a lion.

Sincerely,

Wayne Fike, SPC-US Army (Lion-6-Delta) HWB 2/3 ACR RN
PGR Mission Ops
SoCal PGR