Author Topic: Thank You - MCPO William Kleine - mission 13 DEC 21  (Read 1408 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank You - MCPO William Kleine - mission 13 DEC 21
« on: December 17, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »
My family and I cannot express enough our sincerest gratitude for attending the funeral service for MCPO Bill Kleine. It has been difficult for me, the last few years, to explain to my family, what the PGR actually does at funerals. The t.v. segments and news reports does not cover the entire event felt by all involved. What my family and friends finally experienced was the very honorable, emotional and memorable service for Bill. I for the first time in years, was on the inside looking out. We saw a group of dedicated volunteers standing proudly for one of their own. Please understand since becoming a ride captain, I have experienced grieving families. But when I actually looked out and saw the large group of men and women, riding tall and standing tall, with their American Flags, waving in the wind, I felt overwhelmed. It was very impressive but also humbling, to know they were here for Bill. I could hear Bill saying "they didn't have to do that."  My  Dad and Bill were influential in my life. I still try to live up to their expectations. So we continue to try to fill the void in our lives. But thanks to the PGR, we saw that MCPO Bill Kleine, was laid to rest, with a few of his shipmates and fellow military members, with pride and dignity. We will never forget Bill and the PGR. God Bless to All, Rick