Author Topic: Thank you - CPO Enrique G. Lopez Jr - 07 FEB 23  (Read 1501 times)

BethieWethie909

Thank you - CPO Enrique G. Lopez Jr - 07 FEB 23
« on: March 08, 2023, 03:59:18 PM »
Good evening SoCal PGR,

I apologize that this email is a bit delayed - as you may imagine, the passing of my grandfather has been very tough to process, and I have been in a daze since. My grandfather was a hardworking man, who loved the Navy, his home country of the Philippines, and his newfound home in the US, as well as his family. He would give his last and always wanted to make sure I was healthy and okay. He raised me from the time I was a baby, and spent the rest of his life being the grandpa and father figure I had always needed and wanted, but was always too naive to appreciate.

I spent the last days of his life fighting for my grandpa to pass with dignity, respect, and as comfortable as possible. In some ways, I do feel guilt that I should've/could've done more, but I felt my last chance to honor him in the highest form was providing as beautiful of a send-off as possible. I could not have done that without you all. The day of the service happened faster than anticipated, and sadly, I did not get the chance to individually greet and thank each person from SoCal PGR who came to honor my grandfather. Very, very few family members showed up, which was disheartening, but having complete strangers stand to honor my grandfather made me so emotional and proud, because I know my grandpa would have been so thankful and proud, too.

To everyone who helped put it together at the last minute, I thank you. For everyone who showed up, I thank you. Even those who may have wanted to show up, but at the last minute, couldn't make it, I thank you. I would also like to shout out the ride captain, Russell, who helped me put the finishing touch to my grandfather's internment, by having the horse and carriage there for the "Final Honors".

God bless all of you, in all that you do. You are truly angels, and your presence and support goes farther than you may even realize.

Forever Grateful and With Many Thanks,

Brianna Lara
Granddaughter of Enrique G Lopez, JR - Chief Petty Officer - U.S. Navy